Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Beatles


Hey, I’m 17 years old and go to Oasis Skateboard Factory. I’ve been skateboarding for a couple years now and I really like it, so I came to this school where pretty much it’s all about skateboarding and art. Since I’ve been skateboarding for a while, I decided to make a longboard of The Beatles. I got the idea from a friend because it’s his favourite band, so I made it for him but I’ll ride it a bit before I give it away.

My longboard has a high contrast. It has a black fade so you can see the wood through the black. It looks almost like an antique deck. The board came out better than I expected it to. I was really pleased; it couldn’t have come out any better. On my next decks I want to use a little bit more colour.