Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Komodo Dragon


I‘m in the Oasis Skateboard Factory and I like this school a lot. I am 16 years old and this is the first skateboard deck I made.

My theme for my board was a Komodo Dragon in the Amazon rain forest I couldn’t find any Komodo Dragon stencils on the internet so I thought I could be one of the first to make one, so I did this deck.

First, I made a copy of a Komodo Dragon and drew it on tracing paper. Then, I cut out a stencil with the plastic paper and tapped off all the sides of my deck that didn’t need paint and then sprayed off each layer a different colour.

I used pattern and balance by putting two palm trees at each end of my board and I used the element of lines to make an outline so I knew were to put the colours.

I’m really happy with this board I made; I really enjoyed the process of making it and worked to the best of my ability.