Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

P-Vandal


"Hai..it’s my first semester at Oasis Skateboard Factory". I represent my brand Heartarchy, which I came up with when I started designing here. This is my first board I’ve had the chance to design and build by myself, and I’m really happy with the end results.

My board is 100% maple, completely hand made. My original idea was a Pikachu with a gas mask. I ended up adding spray cans and lightning signs throughout the board to create repetition and I balanced out the white with the gas mask & pokeball. I stencilled layers on my deck, starting with the Pikachu and then the gas mask, the black on the pokeball with the lightning drips, the lightning signs, and finishing off with white outlines and touch-ups.

I’m looking forward to designing and building more boards at Oasis.
Thanks to Craig, for helping with the design & ideas!