Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Welcome Teaching Interns!


Anne: (left)
Loving skateboarding for most of my life, I am so stoked to be able to participate in the Oasis Skateboard Factory program. Having run my own business for the past decade, I'm so excited to be involved in assisting students on the business side of building companies and selling their skateboards and other awesome stuff.

Cameron: (middle)
I have been with the Oasis Skateboard Factory since February as an intern from OISE. I am super psyched to get the chance to work on a zine with the students! I play in a lo-fi post-punk band and align myself with the DIY culture embodied at OSF.

Corinne: (right)
I am an intern from OISE and I am super excited to learn first hand about the alternative program offered at Oasis Skateboard Factory. As a former roller derby girl, i jumped at the opportunity to intern here! I love street art and building things, and I cannot wait to work on boards with students.