Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I-Con Custom


Hello. This is my second and last semester at the Oasis Skateboard Factory. The graphic I used on my board was a new version of my I-Con character. The inspiration for my character came from a show called a Bump in the Night which features a character that holds his eyes with his hands.

My board was made from 100% Canadian Maple. This is my first custom board. I made the original shape of the board and the mould myself. I made the image by masking off the whole board with tape and cutting out a stencil. I then spray painted it. Through my brand I try to communicate the possibility of alien life forms existing.

I really like how this board turned out. My time at OSF has been the best throughout my whole high school career. Attending Oasis made me actually enjoy going to school and made me want to go. This was the first year I passed all my courses and I owe a big thank you to Craig for giving me this opportunity and I will never forget my experience here ☺