Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Undead



This is my last semester and I have been pushing my skills more than ever. My board is a zombie apocalypse roaming a graveyard searching for brains. I like the whole zombie survival concept and the rotting flesh deteriorating and graphic content.

I am a fan of the zombie horror films and was inspired by the old movie Night of the Living Dead. When it comes to zombies it has to be very detailed and gory. To do that I stencilled the background of the zombies, trees, and the moon, then I use a paint marker to do the fine details like skin tearing, clothes shredding and moon lighting to feel like they are in the environment. I tried to make it look like a comic book style by sticking to few colours such as, purple, black, white, grey. The zombie board is mainly lines for the three dimensional shapes and colour tones to add the feel of a comic book theme.

I am very satisfied with my first custom board. I like the shape and the shoulders to give your feet a comfortable grip on the drop deck. The graphic I created works with the unique shape of this board to show off my own personal technique/style I have developed over the year in OSF. I plan to sell this board to get my name out there and to make more boards with my zombie style graphics.