Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

PR95: "The Classic"



Half a semester has passed and I'm still in love with this school, so its really no surprise that I would draw on this inspiring place to make myself something so clean and classy.
  
I started out with pre-cut Canadian hardrock maple, pressed it with Roarockit technology and I could see my board slowly coming alive! With the plan of starting my own brand, I looked to the public for ideas for the graphic. Everywhere I looked I could see that people were almost attachted to crest designs: sports teams, hip hop logos and street wear. It was almost like everyone belonged to these out-played brands as a trend and had lost the passion for what they individually want or could have.  Having this observation in mind, I created my own personal crest with the feur-de-lys and other decorative elements so I could introduce change into the local skate/street wear market.
  
My color scheme was based around medieval royalty, using white as the background and velvet purple as an accent with gold as the main theme. I glossed over the board several times so the colours really popped, which made those powerful colours "forever classy"!
  
After working through the process of board and brand-building, I started to realize that I could do this for a long time as a career after my time enrolled at OSF. Pushing myself there now is the thing that has made me succesful over these past few months, so I'm just going to keep on pushing up those hills till I reach my life goals... Thanks OSF! 
  
Pashun over Fashion!