Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sagamok Pintail


I’m Native Canadian from Toronto, Canada and I have been skating for 6 years. This is my first year in Oasis Skateboard Factory.

The graphic on my personal board is native art mixed with street art. I drew this feather graphic over the summer and always wanted a perfect place for it. The Sagamok logo is my reserve. I always love to use the four directions colors in my graphics. I put the four colors as an arrow shape on the bottom of my board to create balance. 

The inspiration for my native art ideas came from my mother. I told her how I really wanted a board with some cool native designs but I can never find them in skate magazines or skate shops. When I found out about this school, I knew this was a good opportunity for me to see if people would like my ideas... I found out that people and my teachers love my ideas!