Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

THMPR “Rabbit Foot” Custom

I have been at OSF for 3 semesters and they truly have been wonderful! The experience this school has given me is such a blessing.

The way our school operates is just fantastic and the students are out going and I could never be happier at any other school than this one. My brand Thumper is based on my nickname that’s been with me for many years. My brand (and marks!) have improved since I started here; all my designs have improved which is why this board is the best I’ve made so far. If you look at my previous boards on our website you can see that this is the most creative and innovative one I have made yet.

THMPR “Rabbit Foot” Custom is made with Canadian hard-rock maple and both top and bottom have “Rockitlam” on it, one of the many cool products that Roarockit Skateboard Company produces. I made a stencil out of masking tape to make the lines that represent the fur on the rabbit foot. I cut it out and then sprayed primer before applying black and gray spray paint. Ted, the owner of Roarockit has taught me many wise tricks since I have been job shadowing him. He has been a generous person to give his time to teach me how to make such an epic board.

I truly love this board. It’s so light, easy to carry and it truly represents my brand. If you would like a custom THMPR board made for you, contact the school…hop to it and get the imprint of the rabbit foot on your next skateboard!