Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, January 7, 2013

TxSLxDWC


I’m eighteen years old and enjoy eating pizza.  My inspiration for my first skateboard graphic comes from my friends who own companies that contribute to local skateboarding. The three logos are a "T" for Tangent Apparel, SkateLoft which is an indoor skatepark located in East York, and finally a shield which is used as a logo for Direct Wheel Co. With this graphic I am trying to show people that all three companies collaborated to make this board because the owners off these companies are all friends of mine. 

The materials I used to design this graphic were spray paint, tape stencils and a trusty number 2 pencil.  
Something I learned from making this board and designing a graphic is that it is way harder than it looks! It definitely takes determination and imagination to do this job.