Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tiefz Tut


I like to skateboard, make music and draw.  I create weird art.  It’s a mix of a bunch of things, weird four-eyed creatures, Japanese inspired designs.  I like to draw weird characters and incorporate them into my skateboard design.  Hopefully I’ll have my own brand in the future and be an established painter.

I got inspired for this board by a few of my drawings of many-eyed creatures and then saw a thing on TV about Egypt.  I thought it would be cool to do a Egyptian-style toon.  The board is maple and I wood burned the image on.  I didn’t really see anyone doing wood burning at OSF this year, so I thought it would be really nice to try it on my board.  I focused on the use of line, using different shapes and repetitions of shapes and the movement of the lines themselves.  I was trying to show it is cool to use different things, and change everyday images into something new. 

I learned wood burning and it is a really unique skill!  I feel really accomplished with this board because I learned a new skill and challenged myself to use an image that isn’t normally seen in skateboard art...and it turned out really well!!!