Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, November 25, 2013

neosignal

























I’m a new student at Oasis Skateboard Factory; I’m 18 years old and an aspiring DJ.

My custom board is representing the record label “neosignal”. I used their simple white stripe logo on a black background. What inspired me the most is the fact that most of these labels/artists do not get nearly enough recognition.

I used 7 wooden veneers, spray paint and a high gloss finish. I had to press, sand, and paint the deck to achieve the final result. I kept the principles of balance and symmetry in mind during the design process.

I was very proud and almost shocked when I saw the finished product and look forward to future products. Go team!