Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Salvaged Souls

























I am a new student here at Oasis Skateboard Factory, starting off the semester not knowing what to expect. I’m 17 and my style is a dark and whimsical aesthetic. My artwork is influenced by fierce and fearless images, and creations drawn from the unknown mind. My inspirations come from sci-fi and mystery novels, and my personal dreams. It took about 30 seconds to flip through my sketchbook and decide on the perfect graphic. Now it was time to get started!

After I finished sanding my deck down until it was perfectly smooth, I hit it with a gorgeous golden brown stain. The second step consisted of taping off the whole deck, tracing my graphic onto it, and cutting it out with a blade. Black, blue, green and purple spray paint, a lot of patience and four layers later, it was time for a clear coat! My board includes harmony, balance, patterns and colour.

I have a such a sense of accomplishment! I learned you have to have lots of patience and really be attentive to your work. I’m having a wicked time and learning new things everyday here at OSF and I know there’s more to come :D