Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

FEW GEN


Hey readers, I've been skating since 2009. I started skating years after playing Home League American Football for the North York Grizzlies. I became lazy and thought the skateboarding culture was very interesting. Skateboarding was a culture in itself, but the interesting part was the way it blended itself with fashion trends: hip- hop culture, art culture, etc. Born a Sagittarius, my mind is known for being highly creative. I’m big on Astrology and Numerology. I believe that the sky we all look up to today I view differently than most. So why not explore the 4 corners of my brain and put it on my board?
I decided to make the theme Zodiac constellations, stars, and planets with life on them. There are no aliens in this mythology but there are Egyptian Gods and Queens creating new generations on these planets and bringing the futuristic life styles to the past-life with technology we haven’t seen to this day. The Kings and Queens will wear gold crowns with their cities moulded into them with futuristic accessories to represent their royalty. This mythology allows me to be very creative and free with different ideas. 
My biggest inspirations involving music has to be Tyler the Creator and Kanye West. Both rappers are big on fashion and art, and excel in it. As for skateboard companies, Supreme, Vans shoes and Girl really inspired me to start skating. Personally I’m more than impressed with my board! I started off with a blue wood stain to help create the outer space look I was going for. Oasis helped me make this possible and now I’m more than excited to put this board on my wall. I will treasure my board as if it were a child.