Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gekek

I am a native graffiti artist trying to make my mark in the business industry. The theme of my personal skateboard is native art infused with graffiti. My inspirations are the skate company Crooked, Ojibwa art style, and Nouns who is a Toronto graffiti artist who helped me get into the world of graffiti. The materials I used were spray paint, paint markers and stencils. My use of the Principals of Design includes two different tones of yellow and a feather stencil to give the background a misted, textured effect. I also used colours from the medicine wheel to create a more Native feel. I am trying to communicate who I am and what graffiti and native culture means to me. I feel my first skateboard came out pretty good and sends a nice vibe about my company.