Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

I Doughnut Care


I’m a new student to OSF this year, and I’m syked to be at this school. Being able to create cool graphics and earn credits for it is one of many awesome things about this school.

This semester my brand is “I Doughnut Care” and it exists to empower people to be self expressive through morbidly adorable graphic expression. I chose this as my brand because there isn’t a lot of alternative styled brands that suit my interests or others like mine, and by that I mean brands with bold and awesome graphics that are cute, fun and...gory!

I named it “I Doughnut Care” mainly because I don’t care if others don’t like what I’m into or they don’t like what I wear because I like it. I wanted my brand to empower people to be more like this and just feel ok with being themselves. Why I chose the doughnut as part of my brand? Easy: I have
yet to meet someone who has an immense hatred for doughnuts…who doesn’t love them, I know I do!

To make this board I used standard Roarockit techniques: I glued 7 Canadian maple pre-cut veneers
together and put them in a Roarockit air sealed bag overnight and then sanded them board thoroughly. Next was the fun part. To make my graphic I drew out a design template for my board. Then, using tape stencils, one layer at a time, I spray painted and sealed this awesome doughnut board.

I’m very happy with how my board the turned out. It has my four favorite things: cute stuff, gore,
junk food and pink! I learned so much from this school already and I can’t wait for more.