Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

SKATELICIOUS:






















I am a first semester student at Oasis Skateboard Factory. The brand that I have created is called Skatelicious. My brand represents my vast imagination and through my graphics I want to show I can draw really cool characters with a humorous twist. For my first branded board I created an image of a grim reaper with some Chinese take out. The color scheme that I used for this board was black for the robe, white for the takeout container, red for the lettering, ivory for the bones, grey for lines and chrome for the metal part of the scythe. I chose these colors because they match very nicely.

I made this board with Roarockit technology. The materials that I used for this board were 6 layers of maple wood veneers and 1 layer of bamboo. First I pressed the board and then I sanded it to perfection with the 4 levels of sand paper. After this process I taped up the board and put the black layer of paint to outline the grim reaper. I did this layer first so that I could map out the other layers of paint.

I am very satisfied with the final product that I produced; I admit that the process was very stressful but I think that the outcome was totally worth the effort.