Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, March 23, 2015

LGFU Skateboards



My brand is LGFU Skateboards. We exist to bring skateboarding back to its home roots: Punk Rock, pool skating, and destruction.
Ever since I got into skateboarding I’ve been influenced by the Zboys and all the Thrasher guys; I’d rather ride a bowl or a pool instead of a ledge or stair set. My graphic is a dude’s fists tattooed and a bottle and tattoo gun. If you are living that lifestyle and make some bad decisions (chances are you are going to), at least you can tell your own story. This graphic is appropriate for my brand theme of destruction and havoc.

I started making this board with 7 street veneers, which I glued and pressed with a vacuum bag. I woodworked the board to get it to its final shape. I painted the whole board a solid red and then I made stencils. I finished the board graphic and outlines with paint marker.

In terms of woodworking I think the board turned out fairly well considering it’s my first project at OSF. In terms of the graphic I pulled off the fists but I didn’t get the other components on the sides; next time I would practice more with the paint markers. Hopefully I will get better doing stencils as well. Overall, I am satisfied with the work I’ve done, but there is a lot of room for improvement and now I know the techniques to pull it off. This was quite a learning experience and I learned how to manufacture something from nothing which is something I haven’t done in school before.