Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Quali-TY Co.'s first board!


My brand is called QualiTY. QualiTY exists to reintroduce quality and creativity into skateboarding culture.

This first board is called the Raw and Uncut. Its theme is just to have imperfect, weird lines and ripped lines. It’s not the usual pattern and is just all-around raw looking. I really had no specific inspiration for this. I just wanted to make something original and different from most boards out there. I used ripped tape to create the effect of something tearing through the board and made a tape stencil for the logo and spray painted in the lines and then the logo afterwards.  I used black, red and white for the logo and left some grain visible.

With this board I’m trying to prove that being raw and uncut looks good. I really enjoyed designing this board and bringing it to life. I learned many things, like how to make paint and design a board to make one from scratch. I just loved this experience and hope it never ends!