Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Ambrosia Boards


My brand Ambrosia Boards exists to feed your inner funk. This board shows a bunch of cutout men repeated in a pattern to look like a crowd and the one funky dude sticks out. The brand The Hundreds inspired my boards colour scheme of black, white and purple.

To make this board, I used a spray technique where I used short, straight blasts so the colours didn't go anywhere I didn't want them to. I sprayed the background black and used a stencil to trace all the people so they looked the same. I sprayed them all white except the one guy who I painted purple. He represents what Ambrosia boards stands for: you should break away from being a corporate robot and be yourself.

The most important lesson I learned making this first board was how to spray a board without having it bubble up by waiting for one layer of paint to dry before spraying the next layer.