Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Volcano Skate Co.:























I'm 17 years old. This is my first year at OSF. My brand is Volcano Skate Co. The theme of my brand is to metaphorically "explode" the barriers between the individual groups in skate culture today. Brands that influence my brand include: Volcom, Vans, Emerica, Mystery, and Fallen. 
Materials that I used to make this deck include: seven plies of hard rock maple and a vacuum bag to press my board into the best shape possible. For the graphic I used Montana Black spray paint and painter's tape to create a stencil. I used a smooth upwards curving flow for my design to draw the viewer's eye up the entire board. I chose a simple colour scheme so as not to take away from the little details. I left the beautiful grain of the wood showing to make the black really pop.
I think it's really dope that I'm able to put my unique ideas onto a skateboard and receive credits for it! This board turned out great in my opinion, considering its my first board. Next time I'll pay more attention to making the lines smoother and making the tape stencil more exact. All in all I think it's a dope board and I'll be sure to ride it to it's death.