Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, November 5, 2016

CREATOR LONGBOARDS:


CREATOR LONGBOARDS: I'm a 19 year old student at Oasis Skateboard Factory. My brand is called Creator Longboards and it exist to spread mindfulness amongst push culture.

My first board is a pintail air-pressed with 7 plys of laser cut canadian maple from roarockit. Inspiration for this graphic came from my interest in egyptian hieroglyphics. In my design, each symbol in the middle of the board has a letter meaning and inevitably it spells Creator. The writing and symbols weredone with a wood burning tool. Once I completed all of the wood burnings, I cut out tape to cover the symbols. Then I used a spray paint technique known as speckling to add colours that fit into my brands identity and to achieve the desired effect.
I named this board vibrate higher and through this I am trying to communicate how everyone is a creator or a creative designer. Everyone has the ability to create something great & unique!
I feel great about my first deck, and I learned that the effort that is put into the construction and design of the board are a direct reflection of the final outcome. Preparation is Key. For my next deck, I will push harder in terms of complexity in the design. My mindset is: There is always room for improvement and I will be greater after each learning experience.