Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Crewel Intentions

Crewel Intentions:
Heeyyyo, I’m the baby of the bunch I’m only 16 might as well be a babbling toddler. This is my first year at Oasis Skateboard Factory and it's also my first skateboard at OSF. 
My brand is Crewel Intentions. We exist to recreate old art forms in a new way.
To make my board I glued a bunch of wood together, seven sheets to be exact, but you don't want to hear about that, you can read every other description on here, it's essentially the same except I used an Xacto knife a lot to fix my mistakes because I messed up a lot! But that's alright, I'll do better next time.
The image on my skateboard is a deer on the side of a highway in the morning sun. The deer is purple, blue, dead and filled with stuffing, just like the stuffing in a toy. Deer represent many things, and one of those things is the idea of regeneration or rebirth, so my deer can represent the idea of the death of something in our lives like childhood for instance, and starting a new beginning The sun coming up represents a new day or a new beginning also. I like the idea that we can change ourselves, and don't have to always stay the same and can in some ways regenerate, like when you die in a video game. 

I prefer to let other people make up their own mind about what my art means to them, and not try to influence them. When my art has someone else's meaning it seems more interesting and powerful and it makes it a shared experience. Look out for my next weird project @crewel_intentions