Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Sick Co.

This is my second year at OSF and I’ve launched a new brand. Sick Co. exists to release your inner sicko and defy the mainstream. As you can see from this sign/skateboard I’ve made for my Pop-Up Shop table, the art for my new brand is siiick!
This sign is a custom jig sawed shape made out of seven plies of
Canadian Maple just like a regular skateboard. My custom lettering is a font that is drippy and looks like it is melting like this soft serve ice cream cone. I spray-painted it in my signature brand colours, except for the ice cream cone’s beige. The green represents a grungy and unappealing look that a lot of my customer are interested in. My brand is more for outsiders who are looked at by society as different. In my view we are all sickos at some point!
I’m really challenging myself to make better quality art and products this year before I graduate in June. Come check out my table at our end of the semester Pop-Up Shop on January 27th from 7-9pm at Anomaly (46 Spadina Suite 200). I’ll be selling new Sick Co. hoodies, tees, hats, boards, stickers and buttons. Hope to see you there!