Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, December 15, 2017

Hi, my brand is Crewel Intentions.

I'm inspired by “old” styles and “new” styles of art: some examples are embroidery, classical oil painting, textiles, taxidermy to even the most simple of aesthetics. The image itself was created from a photo I took some time last year mid-winter, yet it was still very green and alive. The painting I did will never be as breathtaking as the photo I took but the painting is technically a more loose representation of what I felt on that day. The idea behind this board was to make it a personal rideable board. How I created this board was I took seven sheets of Canadian maple, three of which are colored. I prepared this air press bag and a mold from far in the back of the strong hold, then I took the wood veneers, glued them together and I stuck them in the bag and then waiting a full 24 hours to start aggressively woodworking my board. I used a jigsaw and a very crappy hand saw to cut out the shape. I wanted to sand it with four different grits of sandpaper and then it was onto the painting. The process of painting took quite a while, first I started with spray paint and then moved onto to the finer details with acrylic paint, and then I noticed the color was much too saturated. I went over it with water colors until I was happy with the color scheme, but I still couldn’t get it to a place where I liked it. When I'm making something for myself I just have to keep reworking it until it's perfect, but it never will be but that's alright, beauty is in the eye of the beholder even if that's not me.  

Thank you for listening to my ramblings! Find more: @crewel_intentions


Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor