Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Crossroads Skateboards


This is my first semester at OSF. I'm 16 and I'm currently looking to music for inspiration for my brand. My brand is Crossroads skateboards, its focus is to revive Louisiana and New Orleans blues music and artists with skateboarding as a platform.
I used precut veneers and a roarocket bag press to press the deck. the nose and tail, as well as the back, have been wood stained to add the tinted wood grain. the graphic is a posterized picture of Robert Johnson with his guitar swapped out for a skateboard. the picture was applied with a three-layer tape stencil over a teal spayed background and splatter was added for texture. the parts of the wood that have been wood stained have been scuffed up with sandpaper to add a vintage effect.
I’m pleased with the finished result for the board but in the future, I would like to take more time planning out the board and less time applying my ideas. I hope to further improve my woodworking as well as my spray painting while making my future boards.
No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor