Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

JFF (Just for Fun)


Image may contain: 1 person, standing




















Hi this is my first semester at OSF, I like it because I get to do what I love: drawing and riding Longboards. At OSF I encouraged to do what I love and a channel to use my skill at learning by using my hands. My new brand is based off of combining Anime and Cartoons with Black Culture. JFF exists to celebrate black culture in the skate community. One on my favorite Anime shows Naruto inspires this design, but my version of him is as a black character. This board represents the deep passion that many black people have toward Anime.
My first board is a standard pintail longboard modified with a kick. This is the first board I pressed using Roarockit technology to laminate and bend the seven hard rock Canadian Maple veneers. In this board I learned how to spray-paint and stencil using tape. I learned how to make a fade and how to make drips.
I think the board came out well but I wish I had made my logo better by scaling it bigger. I got a bit of overspray from not masking off the board properly but I hope to double-check my work next time to do all the steps correctly. I look forward to working with clients and applying my own style to their needs. Check out my work on Instagram @jff_longboards .