Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Reward.Reinforce


Image may contain: 1 person




















My new brand purpose is to resist institutionalized conditioning. I think isn’t enough individuality and people don’t think for themselves. My first deck is a Penny style retro mini with a graphic that expresses Metal culture, which I have always liked because of the raw emotion. I like art that depicts the truth behind the mask.
This was my first time woodworking and honestly found it tedious but relaxing and calming ha! I took seven layers of Maple and glued them together and put them under pressure in a vacuum bag. After I finished shaping and sanding it I applied the graphic. In the past I had never used spraypaint for anything artistic; I learned how to make fades and controlled drips for the background of the board. I used paint markers to finish the graphic. I positioned the head at a focal point with bright colours to catch attention.
I’m pretty happy with this board but I want to get better at mixing paint colours. I wanted to put more splatter but I am just learning how to do that. I’m looking forward to working with clients and putting my brand out there before graduating in June. @rwdrnf