Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

WZRD SK8



Image may contain: 1 person

















I’m 18 years old and this is my second semester at OSF. My brand is WZRD SK8 which exists to be the soothsayer of skate. With this board I personified my tag by creating characters for the different letters. The characters are stacked vertically and each has its own distinct colour. 
This board is a Roarockit Microdrop shaped longboard. The board was complicated to make with many more steps than a regular skateboard. It was made by taking two separate presses and then joining those two together to create wheel wells. Wheel wells create room for the wheels, so in a sharp turn you don’t get wheel bite. The board was black dipped and then the graphic made with spraypaint stencils and paint markers. I sealed this board with a glossy clear coat.
The board making process took longer and proved to be more challenging, but next time I would press all the layers together and cut the wheel wells out myself, as the method I used caused lots of delamination that I had to fix before painting. In the end, I think the board looks appealing because the colours really pop against the black background.
@WZRDSK8